Why is my KM Player acting strange?

Osama September 4, 2010

My problem is very strange. I have KM Player installed on my system and I usually watch AVI movies with it. Sometimes what happens is that some movie file suddenly stops during playing and this only occurs for some selected movies (NOT with everyone) and that always happens at some specific point in the movie.

I can’t even see beyond that part using the slider of the player, and sometimes the player starts playing some other movie file in the same folder while playing any file. It’s like the first half of the player slider shows first half of one movie, while other half shows second half of another movie.

I also downloaded and installed new version of the player and also K-Lite mega codec pack 6.3.0, but problem persists. Then I replaced KM Player with VLC player, but the problem is still there. The downloaded movie files are complete i.e, 700 MB or 1.4 GB. My friend told me that he has seen the movie with the same file that he gave me.

What should I do? I am sure that this is not a hardware problem, not a media player problem, either. It’s something else. I am using Windows XP SP2 with eset NOD32 anitivirus business edition, and my hard disk is free of errors and defragmented.

1. Jessica Cam W.

Yes, it most likely sounds like the file wasn't downloaded in its entirety and not that the player has a problem since you already replaced the media player and got some more codecs. You might just need to download it again from your friend.

2. Usamarobin

I think it's a PEBKAC error, you should fix it first :D

PEBKAC = Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair

3. Mdk

Download DivFix++ from http://divfixpp.sourceforge.net/
    Step 1 - Add your avi file
    Step 2 - "Strip Index"
    Step 3 - Rebuild index
    Done

Hey Osama,

Did you find the above suggestion helpful? I had a similar problem in the past and later found out that the downloaded movie file was incomplete, even though it showed the size file size as the source file. The fact that the same thing keeps happening with other movie players supports that.