What kind of website is best for making money?

shaurya boogie August 25, 2012

I know php, javascript, css3 , ajax, html5 and vbs…
I want to make money from a website.

I thought of making an online slambook, does anyone know of any other good ideas?

1. steven ...
  2. Amit Sinha

If you are a complete website developer and designer then there is only two ways to earn.
    1. Go and search for part time or full time job in companies
    2. Work as a freelancer and get paid for your work, I recommend a platform is Elance.com

3. Jonas Nordgren

i reccomend swag ucks, its not actual money but they have a paypal payout option, you earn money win you search, and there is a chrome addon to remove the adds, i signed up two days ago i=and i have 120 SB just from surfing.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/

• muotechguy

Removed affiliiate link.

Also, from personal experience, thats the biggest waste of time ever.

4. Sri Swaminathan Vanarasi

its very difficult to compete with current websites in any field..

5. Paul Pruitt

Yes but be sure to advertise only for things which you are an expert in. Otherwise, speaking from experience, if you can't fulfill the promise and get one or two negative ratings early on, it kills the account in terms of being able to sell gigs from it.

• Paul Pruitt

I was speaking about fiverr.com. By the way making a video explaining your fiverr.com gig apparently helps a lot.

6. Scutaru Razvan

there is no such kind of sites...in my opinion.

7. rish404

If you're looking for quick bucks, you can check out http://fiverr.com Small jobs but you can create a profile and earn repeatedly.

8. i0ni

It's not that easy to make money with your own website. You could start a blog / forum, but you have to wait a long time before getting traffic. Also, it's possible to never get any money from your sites. You can get more info about making money online on: http://smartpassiveincome.com. It also has a podcast that you can listen to, if you enjoy podcasts more than reading.

I recommend working as a freelancer on elance.com or selling themes / code on themeforest.net or codecanyon.net!

9. Mihai Olteanu

If you know a little bit of design, you can create WordPress or Joomla themes and sell them to http://www.themeforest.net or you can make some Amazon Affiliate Sell web pages. I suggest WordPress/Joomla themes and/or plugins. They are selling fast.

10. Nart Barileva

with those skills, are really good option would be to create wordpress/tumblr themes and sell them online or to create your own website and generate revenue from the advertisements

11. Paul Pruitt

I think the best website for making money is on a subject you care most about and know about the most. That way you already start knowing about a subject much more than most people and sharing your information will be fun. Then add Google Adsense and affiliate ads (look that up) and find free ways to advertise your site. You might also want to pay for Google ads to get the ball rolling although these are expensive.

Try to find free things to offer on your site, like free software, games or coupons and the like.

12. Erlis Dhima

The best thing is to create something special. Or you can create a page, that you think you will have audience!
    But another option would be to create pages for different companies! You can get a lot, sometimes even up to $10'000. But it depends, from many things!
    Also, I would suggest web maintenance! You can get a monthly salary from it!
    Hope it helped! (I gave you this suggestions from my personal experience. Now I manage my site, but still no money from it! The best is to work for someone.. )

13. shaurya gupta

Other than ads, how can money be earnt

You may, or may not like this answer. The best website for making money is the website that nobody else has thought up!
    Obviously the compitition is much more stronger and the market much more difficult on the 'run of the mill' sites. The only advice I can give is to think of something that a thousand websites isnt doing and go from there.
    Good luck and I hope you make it big!

15. Kevin Wiley

With the advent of WordPress a website can be created and live on the internet in very little time. If your goal is to make money, a sustained income then it needs to be treated like any other business venture. Find a need that can be fulfilled, make sure there is a large enough customer base. Find or design a product that fills the need. Build your site, give good information to your visitors. Make sure to build your subscriber list. And provide massive value to your customers, while keeping your site fresh with new information to keep everyone coming back. Then learn to monetize your site for additional revenue. Find a mentor, have passion, take action and get rich slow.

16. Ben Mordecai

I would create a portfolio to advertize your abilities and sell design services or contract your work to a company searching for a web developer.

You will make way more money than trying to create and monetize a web page on your own.