What can I do when a keylogger was detected on my system?
Question by Drew Yeh /

McAcfee found a keylogger Spyware called elitekeylogger in the system restore folder, but not anywhere else. Does this mean that there is a keylogger on my C drive, as system restore should make an exact copy as backup?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , , .
Windows_10
Windows_10
Windows Tips
Windows Tips
Windows Troubleshooting
Windows Troubleshooting
Best Windows Software
Best Windows Software
Web Security & Privacy
Web Security & Privacy
Mac OSX Tips & Issues
Mac OSX Tips & Issues

• Jakelunn2000

Try windows security esetinals

• TLW

I kind of resubmitted this question. I have a KeyLogger I can't get rid of. I can't find any software that will remove it for Windows 7. That's such a shame :(

• Test

Thx for the answers. Actually, I didn't receive it in a giveaway.....if it was installed, it was installed without my knowledge.

• Jack Cola

Funny that. MakeUseOf has a giveaway for that product, but it looks like you already have it :P http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/monitor-activity-pc-elite-keylogger-makeuseof-giveaway/ It ends Friday, 25th June at 2100hrs PST!

There are several ways to uninstall Elite Keylogger. Please, note: the uninstallation method you choose much depends on the mode you installed Elite Keylogger in. Since version 3.0, uninstallation process was changed a bit. Right now the best way to uninstall Elite Keylogger is to use the "Uninstall keylogger" button in the Options tab of the GUI.

If you installed Elite Keylogger in invisible mode:

Uninstallation from invisible mode can be executed from the configuration utility or command line. To uninstall Elite Keylogger, please, go to Options tab and select "Quick Tasks - Uninstall Keylogger".

If it only exists in the backup, then it has likely already been removed from your system. I would delete the backup that contains the keylogger, and create a new backup.

HTH