How can I do a keyboard printout in Mac OS 10.5?

Peter July 10, 2010

On Max OS 9 and earlier I was able to select both the keyboard viewer AND any installed font and then printout the keyboard layout in the selected language, Cyrillic for example.

I have a few unusual fonts and have no idea where the characters are on my keyboard. I can use something like PopChar to enter individual characters, but I would like to learn to enter the characters quickly.

Is there any way to do have a keyboard printout in Mac OS 10.5. Is there a Mac program that would allow me to printout such a foreign keyboard layout?

1. Milad Ghattavi

go to system preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard tab > and then check "show keyboard and character viewer in menu bar

• Ruspast

The keyboard viewer does not have a FONT option, i.e. I cannot choose a specific font. For example I have a number of variations of Cyrillic (PetersburgOS, Pragmatica, Fita...) and each one differs from the other. In keyboard viewer all I get is to view th standard Cyrillic layout, but not the different variations. Also, I dont think I can printout the layout unless I make a screenshot.