Why do I keep getting a notifications when trying to load almost any webpage?

Cristián T December 24, 2013

Hello. I keep getting this strange notifications that appears every time I load a webpage on Google Chrome that says,

“The page at clashofclanshackss.blogspot.com says: error.”

I was downloading a program that I think might have caused this to happen, but after uninstalling it, Chrome still gave me this notification. Please help.

The page that reported the error was probaly set as one of your basic pages (home page, search page, error page etc). You can reset these all manually (chrome://settings/ and look through the various options), but the easiest fix is probably with Antitoolbar, which will show you, and allow you to reset, all your browsers, and will also look for suspicious toolbars & extensions and disable them on your command.

may be un-installing is not complete check for remaining left over files, registry keys,

This appears to be a (web) page related error and not caused by Chrome itself. Therefor I suspect that your Chrome browser is trying to open a page or resource whenever you open it.

Go into the Chrome Settings on make sure that for "On startup" no specific page is specified or specify one that is actually working e.g. makeuseof.com. You might also want to look into Tools > Extensions to see if there is any suspicious extension installed that may be causing this problem.