How can I get around K9 web protection?
Question by Zephra Rice /

I can’t go to Google Images and my parent’s password is too long to memorize. How can I get past it? They use K9 web protection.

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , , ; or ask your own question.

• jack

Well it is fairly easy, and this method doesn’t need proxy changing or any other crazy loops to jump through! First off i assume you are using windows 7, so this will be easy, and there is pretty much no trace.
    1) go to the start menu and click on control panel
    2) click on system security and go to the security option (there are little tabs for each main option) then click on device manager
    3)click on view and click show hidden devices
    4)Go to non plug and play drivers
    5) look for the bckd driver and right click then go to properties
    6) now click on driver and under type select disabled
    7) click okay and restart! k9 will now say corrupt files, and you should have 100% access.
    NOTE: to re enable do everything in order but select system under type in the bckd driver section!! Hopes this helps

• Jon Smith

I think your parents know what you asked MUO

• Jon Smith

ask your parents kiddie

• Dave Rimmer

We could give you some advice on how to do this but are very unlikely to do so. As the other people have stated you need to take this up with your parents ask them to write the password down.

• Dalsan

There should be a section on the website block warning page to request the block to be unblocked, but ultimately lies in your parents to login and put it on the whitelist. Parental blocks are in place for a reason, and K9 is a pretty strong parental control. I would hate for someone to give any information here to get around it as I use K9 and don’t want my own kids to learn how to bypass my parental controls. To do so would ruin it for those that want to protect their children.

If the password is too long to memorize, they must have done something right. The point of having parental controls on a computer is to keep kids out of places they shouldn’t go on the web. If there is someplace you want to go, talk to whoever controls the keys (password) and have them change the settings by adding it to the whitelist if necessary instead of trying to circumvent the controls yourself.