How can I make a jpeg graphic sent via Outlook link to a website?

Gordon April 25, 2011

I want to construct an email that uses several different graphics to link to different spots (pages) on my website. The email would be sent to our existing customers.

My email client is Outlook. Thus my question might be better stated as: How do I use a graphic (jpeg) in an Outlook email and
make said graphic into a link?

1. Gustavo Ibarguengoytia

I use Outlook 2003, if you using something different it should be similar yet not identical.

While composing your email add the picture you want to use then right click on it and select Hyperlink. A new window should pop-up giving you various options on the left side of this new window:

"Existing File or Web Page"
    "Place in this Document"
    "Create New Document"
    "Email Address"

Select the first one (it is selected by default) and on the bottom part of this new window you should see a field called Address, there you can type or copy/paste the address you want to direct your costumers to when clicking on that picture. Click OK and you are done. Repeat as many times as you want or deem necessary. Just remember that an email that is loaded with images and links might come under the impression of spam which will only result in your email being overlooked, so kep it neat and clean and make sure you send it to specific costumers or costumers-to-be.