Why doesn’t my jailbroken iPhone recognize my SIM card?

ravi vobbilisetty August 26, 2012

I’ve just restored/updated my iPhone 3Gs to iOS 5.1.1 but its failing to activate. When I try and activate it through iTunes it says “There is no SIM card in the iPhone you are trying to activate”. I’ve tried it with several different SIM cards several different times and it doesn’t like any of them.

1. taline

Hello Khaled, Sorry for my disturbance but I have a question regarding unlocking iphone 4 : My sister has an Iphone bought from Lebanon but it turned out to be locked to Rogers in Canada. Ios version 4.1 and it is Jail broken.. Is there a way I can unlock it for good?

Thank you in advance, hoping to hear from you soon,

2. taline

Hello,
    I have a question regarding unlocking iphone 4 : My sister has an Iphone bought from Lebanon but it turned out to be locked to Rogers in Canada. Ios version 4.1 and it is Jail broken.. Is there a way I can unlock it for good?

3. bonioloff

I have never face this problem, but i think it must be hardware problem, you just need to unjailbreak your iPhone, and get it to applestore.

4. Abdallah Moussawi

look what you should do:
    1.download snowbreeze http://www.ijailbreak.com/ijailbreak-downloads-section/ from this site.
    2.create an IPSW file for your iPhone 3GS.
    3.install ipad baseband. if you already did it go and create the ipsw and integrate with it the ultrasnow package to unlock your iphone.
    4.once the ipsw file is created go.. it will ask you to enter pwned dfu mode and then go to restore via your itunes. and that's it. i tried and it worked.

5. Gian Singh

Do the complete resore where all of your stuff is removed then rejailbreak it.

6. 573d1210d64cc82ed1979188e3b9622a

re-jailbreak it

7. Krishna Vallabhaneni

I would reccomemd re jailbreaking it or go into cydia nad unlock the phone

8. Frederick Doe

If you decide to restore it, you can re-jailbreak it with Absinthe. It can jailbreak all versions of iOS 5, and it runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. It's what I used to jailbreak my old iPhone 3GS

http://absinthejailbreak.com/

9. Lieschen Müller

jailbroken or not, a number of 3GS iPhones won't recognize any SIM card after having been updated to iOS 5.x
    if all solutions above failed, using a SIM card _known to work in an iPhone running iOS 5.x_ I'm afraid your only choice is having it replaced... :-\

10. venkatp16

are you sure that the phone is unlocked? Are you able to see carrier services in general settings????

11. iVad3r

Probably a hardware problem? If April's method didn't work, i recommend restoring and sending it to an Apple Store.

12. April Eum

i would recommend that you do a factory stock restore, then rejailbreak it. worked for me multiple times on iphone 3g/3gs/4

• ravi vobbilisetty

how do I do that
      I am a big zero regarding these things

• April Eum

go into DFU mode on your jailbroken iphone. (google the tut, very easy)
        and try to restore back to it's factory/stock state

reapply jailbreak and then try inserting your sim to get a read

• brandy

Does this work if your phone is not jailbroken?