Is there any way to download free Android apps on my iPhone 4?

Amanda Ambler April 2, 2013

I want to know if there is any way to download free Android apps onto my iPhone 4. Is there maybe a free app that I can download on my iPhone 4 that will make the Android apps work? Look I really don’t like my iPhone 4 because I love the free Android app,s so plz help me!!!!

1. Sa

Yes you'd need to do some hacking and have a jailbroken iPhone but it's possible. I personally would not do so much just for one app.
    It's much easier to use Android apps on BlackBerry 10 smartphones. BB10 is a similar OS. Now you wonder how BlackBerry has so many apps ever since it started.

2. Eric the red

You have to jailbreak your iPhone and get Bootlace. You will then have the option to dual boot. It'll eat your battery life but give you the best of both worlds while using your iPhone. Google android on an iPhone.

Happy hacking.

3. Adzzzz

How is he or she being cheap if iPhones are expensive?

Firstly,Android and iOS apps are not compatible with each other.So,you won't even get a app which would make any Android app compatible with your iPhone.

Secondly,if you like free Android apps,then why not use their iOS counterparts.Although,not all free Android apps are free on iTunes store.

You can be happy to know that iOS apps goes under Apple's scrutiny and each app is scanned for any bad stuffs so that you stay in peace.So,iOS apps are of better quality than Android apps.

5. Abbie C

i dont think so since the android and iphone use different app stores.

6. Anay Chaubal

trying to run android apps on ur iPhone, is like buying $1000 laptop just to use the calculator.
    The best way to run android apps, is by using an android phone. An android phone would be described as a phone which comes with android installed out of the box. Emulators, though a great idea, are mostly only 90% perfect. There are a lot of compromises to be made in playing a game on an emulator. However, since you are using an iPhone, i believe you are already making compromises(sic).

7. Alyshia G

That's why there's an Iphone App Store and Android Market.
    To answer the question, no. There is absolutely NO way for an Iphone to run Android apps. I'd say go to your local wireless phone shop (wherever you have your service through) and purchase an Android phone. They can run as cheap as 50$ without a contract.

8. vishal

u can download it but cannot install them by going to 4shared ,apkmania, aplplaza etc

9. Shane L

If you want android apps get an android phone. simple as that stop being cheap. you already went ahead and spent a lot of money an an expensive iphone so you should have enough money to pay for its apps...

• Kirsti

What a loser. It wasn't about the fact that they were free. And FYI, there are some apps which are android only, and we aren't aware of which friggin apps they are before buying an iphone. This person didnt buy an expensive phone for the apps you smart a** troll

10. Jirka Sluka

I think that is impossible...

11. Chinmay Sarupria

Running Android Apps on iPhone is not possible but there are many android apps which are on iOS.

You can not run android apps on iphone. You need to find an emulator which will be really hard considering that Apple is really strict on the apps they put on their store. So of you find an emulator you might have to jailbreak your phone.

well if emulator exist then you have to root iphone

• Tina Sieber

You don't root i-devices, you jailbreak them. You only root Android devices.

Thanks Tina:) indeed iphone must be jailbroken:) i think there was a project for emulator but was halted.

No. The iPhone uses iOS which is different from Android, and there's no way to run apps from one system on the other.