Is there any service that allows to transfer files from Dropbox to Bitcasa Cloud storage?

March 15, 2013

I have recently subscribed to Bitcasa unlimited storage and now I need to find out ways to transfer all of the files from other existing Cloud storage services like Dropbox to Bistcasa. Is there a way that allows me to do this without downloading all the files onto my PC and uploading them again?

1. just_S

Even if there were a service to perform this task, it is unlikely that it would be any quicker than going from PC to cloud. If I understand your question, you have all your files only in the Dropbox cloud and not synced with a PC at all? That seems a bit odd given the basic premise of Dropbox to begin with. Likewise with Bitcasa, though their "infinite drive" idea is novel, I can't imagine why anyone would trust their data solely to any cloud service.

In the early beta test versions of Bitcasa, I had both corrupt data and lost files several times. Remember that Bitcasa is a very new player in the cloud services world and just out of beta. I would strongly recommend that you either keep files in both Bitcasa and Dropbox until Bitcasa can prove out as a reliable solution. If you are paying for Dropbox and want to relieve yourself of that cost, then I'd say it would be wise to at least back up your files on an external drive rather than trusting in Bitcasa c entirely. Just my opinion based on my recent experience. I do believe Bitcasa will become a very strong player in the cloud storage industry and their concept is a good one. I signed up for the full account after beta and subsequently requested (and received) a refund as they did away with the sync feature which was critical for my purposes. Other than that, I felt like the product was pretty good, but quite untested.

To your question, I believe the best solution would be to synd to a PC via Dropbox desktop and then add that Dropbox folder to the Bitcasa infinte drive or mirrored watch list. The Dropbox sync should be extremely quick (in my experience), while the Bitcasa sync took about 4 times longer for me. Of course after that intial sync then you should be good to go and could ultimately uninstall Dropbox and keep all the files synced in Bitcasa.

2. Anish P

There's no program that you use to automatically transfer all your files from one cloud to another. However, the solution is rather simple. Download the Dropbox desktop app as well as the Bitcasa desktop app. Once you download and install the dropbox app on your computer, it will add a folder (usually to your desktop unless you specify otherwise) called 'Dropbox'. Allow the folder to sync with your dropbox account and all of your dropbox files will be downloaded into your computer. Once the sync is complete, all you need to do is select the folder to be backed up onto bitcasa either by dragging the folder into the bitcasa window or adding a folder through the bitcasa menu.
    This method can be used for other cloud storages such as google drive or sugarsync as well.

3. Chinmay Sarupria

No you can't transfer files from Dropbox to Bitcasa.

4. Schvenn Meister

I doubt you will find any. It seems counter-productive for any web service to allow you to migrate files from them to a competitor.
    The most likely option is that you would have to point both services to the same folder, so that they can synchronize from the same directory.

On the flip side, there are services that will allow you access multiple services at once, such as Glide for Android and iOS.

If you previously had a GlideOS desktop service, this is the same company, but they are definitely switching focus.
    So, that original service may no disappear soon.
    I know they're not accepting any new accounts.

Once they relaunch the desktop version though, I imagine it will do the same thing as their mobile version and allow access to multiple cloud services from one interface.

I couldnt find anything that leant towards your issue on their homepage: http://support.bitcasa.com/home
    So, as ha14 says, talk to their support people and see if there is an easy solution to this.

perhaps to contact their support to advise you how to proceed if a plugin exist to upload from dropbox to Bitcasa.