Is there a website that does video chats for free with no downloading?

Alexis Kennedy January 21, 2013

I’m looking for a free service for video chatting to use with my dad who knows the basics of using a computer, but isn’t very good at downloading software. He uses a Mac and I use a PC. Right now we use Eyejot, but it isn’t live.

We have to record messages and we were looking for something where we can set up a time and just start video chatting in real time. Am I dreaming, or does such a service exsist?

1. Prashant Mirjankar

you can use skype, facebook, google+ and many more

2. Kaushal Ambasana

no

3. Alexis Kennedy

Thank you for the replies. Very helpful, everyone. Some of these websites with no downloads are great other than the fact that this is my father I am wanting to video chat with and I would not want to tell him to visit a couple of these suggested sites that I checked out...they were just a little too "900 #" like if you know what I mean! I think the one I will end up trying here is Google Hangouts. Seems pretty basic. I'll let you know how it goes! So, until then...Thank you!

4. Alex Perkins

I would suggest Google Hangouts. I use them, they're very easy to use , you only have to download a plugin which comes up when you go to the site, it installs itself in seconds. The plugin is to capture audio from the mic and video from the webcam and deliver it to the hangout. You can also easily watch YouTube videos together and display things on your computer screen together.

5. Kaifi Khan

If you feel that your instant messaging client is not satisfying your video chat needs, do not try downloading and installing any other applications. Give video chat facilitating websites a try. You are bound to find something that will let you video chat the way you want. The best part is that you will not have to install any new applications on your computer.

The internet has many video chat websites. In case you are looking for one, do not spend time searching on the web; simply give my list of top 12 sites for video chat a read. You will find the list below. See which site suits you best.

1. EkkoTV

If you are already familiar with video chatting sites and want something more, then visit EkkoTV. On the site you can have a 3 people video conference. This is great for chatting with 2 friends at the same time. Click here to visit EkkoTV.

2. RandomDorm

This video chatting website is for college students. You need to sign up using your college’s email (ending with EDU or AC). You can use this site to fine students from other or even your own universities. Click here to visit RandomDorm.

3. StreamFame

SteamFace is a site to tell show the world how entertaining you can be. You can choose to have your webcam broadcast video to the website; your feed is kept active unless more than 50% of your audience votes you down. Click here to visit StreamFame.

4. ChatRide

ChatRide is a more traditional video chatting website. You can create a chat room and share its URL with another friend to video chat. Only one on one video chat is possible. Click here to visit ChatRide.

5. Imo.im

This website is a collection of web messengers for popular instant messaging clients. In case the person you chatting with supports video chat, you can use Imo.im to initiate one on one video chatting. Supported services include MSN, AIM, Yahoo, Skype, Google Talk, MySpace, and Facebook. Click here to visit Imo.im.

6. MeBeam

MeBeam is another traditional video chatting site that lets you create a video chat room to which you can invite others. Visit MeBeam here.

7. BoostCam

BoostCam focuses on speed. You can start video chatting rather quickly. After gving the site access to your webcam, it creates a temporary URL which you share with people to video chat. Click here to visit BoostCam.

8. Confabio

Similar to BoostCam, Confabio lets us create a chat room of which the URL can be shared to invite others. Click here to visit Confabio.

9. WooMe

If you are hoping to find a special someone through video chatting, pay WooMe me a visit. The site helps singles get to know other singles through video chatting. Visit WooMe here.

10. Chatroulette

Even if you have not video chatted before, you must have heard of Chatroulette. It is a highly popular speed-video chatting site. Random connections are made between two people; this connection can be terminated by any party anytime. The site is highly addictive and has a very simple interface. Visit Chatroulette here.

11. TinyChat

TinyChat is a great video chat site especially for Twitter users. Visitors can sign in with their Twitter accounts, create a video chat room, then invite up to 10000 people to video chat with them. Visit TinyChat here.

12. 6rounds

Chatroulette might be addicting for many people but it provides very few options to play around with. 6rounds expands the Chatroulette concept and does a wonderful job in helping you find new friends online. The interface is very user friendly and new features are constantly being added to the site. Click here to visit 6rounds.

Read more: http://www.smashingapps.com/2010/08/05/top-12-sites-for-online-video-chatting.html#ixzz2IhI3E5Tx

6. Micheal

chatroulette

facebook, google+, google email has a chat option but can't remember if they have video or not, yahoo messenger. but the best is the skype app.

There are quite a few actually available. Listed below:

http://tinychat.com/

http://camvoice.com/

However be aware, with chat client, you eradicate disturbing images, website interface may contain.

9. Paul Pruitt

How about Skype? Is that what you mean?

Also if you want to show him how to do something on his computer, try the free version of TeamViewer.

Another suggestion is if you have Windows 8, you can record a tutorial how to download and install software using the new Windows accessory "Steps Recorder". In Windows 7 it was called "Problem Steps Recorder" and is explained a bit in this MakeUseOf article: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/8-hidden-tools-windows-7/.

10. Tech Nech

You can use Facebook or Google+ to do that. Still if your dad doesn't have a Facebook or Google+, you can make him an account.

Did a quick search and here is what I found out. You just go and have a look at them and see what suits you best.

http://www.ibtimes.com/top-5-sites-offering-free-video-calls-552737