Is there a way to view an iPad-only magazine on another device?

Chris Weigl January 18, 2013

I am a writer and I just had my first article published by an iPad only digital magazine, Photography Masterclass. ( it comes out it the Feb. issue, not yet published)
I do not have an iPad and wish to see the magazine. I contacted the magazine and they said I must have an iPad to view it, that it is only available on the iPad.

Is there some kind of a work-a-round? I have spent a couple of hours trying to find a way, but I am not a computer geek, so I am just wasting time exploring dead ends. I have the magazine downloaded to my computer but can not open it – I keep getting wrong format messages.

Any help would be most appreciated. I would like to view the magazine on my home PC with Windows and Internet Explorer.
I have already registered with iTunes and the magazines are listed there under APPs.

1. Declan Vong

Perhaps changing the user-agent of your browser can fix this: in Internet Explorer, press F12 and click "F12 Developer Tools". Once the developer tools pane opens up, click the Tools menu -> Change user agent string -> Custom.
    Friendly name: iPad (or whatever you want)
    User Agent String: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.21.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/7B334b Safari/531.21.10

Then click add, activate the user agent string "iPad" (or whatever you named it) then try it out.

2. Saurav Azad

use an iphone /ipad emulator for windows

3. Paul Pruitt

Try using a iPad Emulator: - looks interesting - a simulator? - I think this is really a simulator with no particular iOS functionality. - looks complicated, but who knows...

if you can find ipad emulator for windows then perhaps you can view your article

While getting content for iPad,you can't get it to install it on iPhone or any other idevices as Apple maintains separate sections for them.