Is there a way to have Firefox display a folder on the Bookmarks Toolbar so I can be a ‘dropdown’ away from my favorite links?

Joseph Videtto December 10, 2012

Hi, I love the Bookmarks toolbar, but after adding too many items, it’s hard to find them. What I’d love to do is have folders, for example a “MakeUseOf” folder, where I can drop my favorite Make Use Of article links, and when I click the respective Folder, I see a dropdown menu that allows me to select the link of interest.

Will Firefox let me do this, or is there an extension for Firefox that will let me do this? I really don’t want to add any more screen real estate clutter larger than the Bookmarks Toolbar – i.e., no more large dialog or left-hand navigation panes.

1. Justin Ellenwood

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/roomy-bookmarks-toolbar/

It gives you a cool bookmark bar that uses small images based on your websites. You can just drag and drop new bookmarks to it.

2. luis donis

great tip thanks to perish and the problem was solved

3. Rohit Jhawer

It very simple just drag and drop a folder from your bookmarks onto your bookmarks toolbar. Else you can follow andrew's way

4. Lisa Santika Onggrid

Right click on the bookmarks toolbar, click on 'new folder...', then you can drag your links to the new folder. If you have way too many links already, do it via bookmarks manager.

5. Etech Etech

Sure! Just right-click on the bookmarks bar, and click "New Folder". Then you can drag bookmarks onto the folder name, and they'll be placed into the folder.

6. Dave Rimmer

Why do people submit the same answer on here, Andrew has already answered this question, Then Alan explained the shortcut, enough said.

7. pp potana

Yes you can...Refer to this article....it will give a nice explanation .
    http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/bookmark-folders-organize-your-bookmarks

As the others have stated Yes you can do this by creating folders and organizing your bookmarks which is the way I have mine.

A handy trick you may or may not know which saves time if you have many folders/bookmarks is to press CTRL + B then just type a few of the letters of a bookmark, in the left column you will see the bookmarks with those letters, click on your link then press CTRL + B again to hide the column. Its much quicker than searching through folders etc.

• Joseph Videtto

great tip ! thx

• Adam Basha

Very nice tip. ThanQ

9. Douglas Mutay

Use the Organizer option and create a new folder, rename it as you want and drag and drop your bookmark inside. Itwill change to drop down menu on your bookmark.

just go to the bookmark manager and right click on the left pane. you can find the option to create a new folder there. hope this helped.

11. Andrew Niklas

yes i believe that is possible.
    if you go into the bookmark manager and just create a new folder under the "bookmarks bar" folder it will appear there and become a drop down when clicked

• salim benhouhou

thank you Andrew