Is there a way to disable the mouse and keyboard without locking my computer?

Cristián Torres-Gluck Balmaceda June 2, 2013

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to temporarily disable the mouse and keyboard without actually locking the computer itself? I have these videos that I am streaming over the Internet and if I lock my computer, it won’t play the videos and instead it will just show the lock screen.

So, how do I ensure that nobody else (except for me) can reactivate them?

1. Himanshu Singla

Already discussed in previous MUO articles.

2. Degenerated S

a simple solution - just detach the wires.

3. Gaurav Joshi

Yes there is easy way to do this to lock keyboard is to turn on sticky keys to do it press shift 5 times click yes to turn on sticky keys

4. null

I personally use keyfreeze..great utlility....www.keyfreeze.com

• null

Same here!!!

5. Nihal Ahmad

just take of the wires of mouse and key board from mother board

There's a MUO article offering three different ways to lock your keyboard and mouse.here:
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-ways-lock-keyboard-mouse-computer-safe-unwanted-guests-windows/

• null

There is keyfreeze on that page that's awesome...

7. Yang Yang Li

There's this cool feature in Splashtop Streamer 2 that allows you to use your computer remotely without interference from external mouse or keyboard movements. Enabling "Blank Screen" turns the screen of the computer you are controlling white and blocks keyboard and mouse input. It's very useful as you can control your computer remotely without anyone being able to see what you are doing. The feature is very robust as the only way to break the blank screen is to unplug the internet or turn off the computer.
    I don't know if this is what you are looking for but hope I helped!