Is there a utility to increase my mouse pointer speed even faster than the max I’ve specified in Control Panel?

Joseph Videtto December 10, 2012

I have a 24 inch monitor, and I frequently move my mouse around on the desktop. Even with my mouse point speed set to max in control panel, I have to pick my mouse hand up off the table to go from bottom to top of my monitor, or from left to right. Is there a utility that will allow me to increase the distance my pointer goes on the monitor for small movements of the mouse ?

1. rshewmaker

I couldn't help that nobody posted an app or utility link. XMouse has some nifty features to it.

http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm

2. Abhishek Ambre

There is no utility as such because its not the problem of increasing sensitivity in your control panel but rather the hardware limits of your mouse. I mean different mouse have different behavior according to the sensitivity set in the control panel. Get your self a gaming mouse and they will do the job for u..i had the same problem and now i am happy.

3. Roomy Naqvy

I don't think so. But yes, a very interesting question. Unless, its a custom made mouse, then this might be possible.

4. Jose Paolo Gonzales Otico

If your mouse doesn't have DPI/CPI controls then I think you'll have to do your own port/hardware configurations. I don't have any idea how you would do it, but there's probably a way to do your own custom modification.

5. Ahmed Musani

the mouse has a specific speed which can not be exceeded.

6. Alex Perkins

If you cant find any software solutions, I would suggest getting a mouse with a higher DPI.

7. Mihovil Pletikos

buy new mouse with higher dpi

8. Sri Vastav Reddy

I believe there isn't any Until now.
    But For even fast access, this might help U..
    select pointer options> Automatically move the pointer to default Button.

9. pp potana

There is no program designed for that requirement of yours. :( ...No one would require it to be more faster than the one which windows provide

probably you have to play with DPI

11. Douglas Mutay

If you have set the speed to maximum and still have to pick your mouse off the table to go from bottom to top of your monitor, so I will assume there is a problem with your mouse, try to change it and see if it does the same. And by the way, what kind of mouse are you using?

• Joseph Videtto

I use an laser mouse, and actually, I don't really have to pick my arm up, just use my wrist, and I was hoping to only use my fingers (as I write this, I'm embarrassed - maybe I am either a little lazy or a little obsessive/compulsive) .

• Douglas Mutay

Maybe you're too fast and your computer can't catch up with you... :)

12. Giggity Goebbels

The fastest is already very fast!too fast can cause uncontrollable glitches

I don't think so. may be but not sure.

Are you using the Windows generic mouse driver or one designed for your particular make and model? Usually the later have much better control features such as speed sensitive movement where pointer moves further when you move mouse faster.