Is there a really free data recovery software?
Question by mariayery /

I’ve formatted my hard disk 5 days ago and my backup for all the files is corrupted. I have tried several data recovery software, but all of them asked me pay for it. :”(

I am a student, so I have no money for it. So, I want to get a REALLY free data recovery software. If you know it, please let me know. Thanks in advance. Urgently…

• Kennan

Recuva is free –
    Recuva will find any kind of file at all, and has special modes for music, documents, videos, and emails, besides the standard photo recovery. The main drawback with Recuva is with disks that are completely corrupted. If Windows does not recognize the disk, Recuva cannot scan it.

Nothing is really free. It is worth to pay a little to get precious things back ! I have tested Recuva recovery programs and some only can recover 10% to 80% .The recovery program called Tenorshare Data Recovery [ ] absolutely works. I have done some tests on cards I have deliberately corrupted from 2 GB to 8 GB. All the photos have been recovered.

• David Wheeler

recuva works just fine for me it will even recover from a usb stick

• Micheal

no such thing. some companies may have free version but with limited functions.

• Paul Pruitt

Here’s my page on lost partition rescue freeware:

• Rahul Prajapati

i forgot to mention that it is free ……………………..

• Rahul Prajapati

EASEUS Data Recovery this is one data recovery software i am using and i thing is good. it is not too effective but this software recover data at some extent …

• Robert McClure

How can u retrieved texts that you erased by mistake?

• softwaredemons

Recuva is free and best software

• mangesh kharche

try PhotoRec or EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free Edition.

• Alisa Fish

I don’t think so there is a free one.
    You’d better to buy a professional one.
    The one I’ve used for long is nice and not expensive.