Is there a plugin to change the format of all posts with one click in WordPress?

Ankur Kansagara January 25, 2013

I have lots of posts on my blog. How can I change the format of all posts with one click?

EXAMPLE: If post is in video format, then I want it to convert to gallery format.

1. Muo TechGuy

My googling has found up nothing; it's also fairly complex SQL if you wanted to jump into PHPMYAdmin and mess with the database yourself..

The post formats are stored in the terms db, so you would need to figure out which term id related to which post format, then change all instances of that term in the term_relationships table to the desired id. Simple enough, but I dont have any examples to work with as I don't use them I'm afraid.

2. Tech geek
    • Muo TechGuy

I'm not sure you understand the question.

3. Achraf Almouloudi

No, if you have a video you'll need to manually work to change its format into another one and I believe that takes time so you'd better find another solution.

4. Mahesh Kumar

Please check this link :

http://codex.wordpress.org/Post_Formats

Supported Formats :
    The following Post Formats are available for users to choose from, if the theme enables support for them :

gallery
    images
    video
    audio

etc ..

• Muo TechGuy

Honestly, how does this help? He asked for a way to change the post format, not for an explanation and link to the public codex or what is a post format.