Is there a mouse cursor manager to set specific behaviors in different software?

Peter April 8, 2013

I am looking for a program with which I can set different cursor behavior in every program. For example, in Firefox when cursor hover a link to become a handtool, but in Windows Explorer when hover a link to be arrow.

Windows XP has option to set cursor type when hovering a link, but it applies to all applications and I want to set different behavior for each program.

Is there any program that can do this?

X-Mouse Button Control -

http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm

Not exactly what you intended to achieve but does comes close to it.

Tab Utilities Firefox addon is also good for Firefox which you currently have and if you see under the mouse section of below Makeuseof article,you can find that you can manipulate behavior of mouse -

Control How Links Open & Tabs Behave With Tab Utilities [Firefox]

"In the Mouse section you can control some highly advanced settings for various mouse-only clicks or clicks together with keys, such as [CTRL] or [SHIFT]."

2. Naveen Mv

Why would you possibly want that ?? 0_o

i think it is sytem wide so you cannot change the behavior of the mouse based on the software that is opened. Unless you have a software that do make mouse profiles so you can try that

4. Alan Reyes

As far as I know, the program defines when to change the type of cursor displayed (or if a custom one is used).
    You can select the cursor shown when that "type" of cursor is used, but that selection can be for specific programs (maybe there can be one program that changes the cursor theme when the active application is changed)

Said that, webpages can use css to change the type of cursor shown when hovering some part of it, and firefox support user-stylesheets applied globally to the pages viewed, that can contain anything... so, I thik you can use this stylesheet to define your own cursor to be used in firefox in all the links:

Just ask google about "userContent.css" and you'll find plenty of information about how to customize the behaviour of all the webpages in Firefox