Is there a good LinkedIn desktop client for Windows that shows popup notifications?

Jayaraj Perumalswamy February 13, 2013

I am searching for a good Windows desktop client for LinkedIn that shows popup notifications in realtime. I use similar clients for Facebook (Facebook Messenger and FlipToast), but cannot find a good one for LinkedIn. FlipToast does not support LinkedIn now.

I don’t like Seesmic desktop because it’s heavy and is not designed for realtime popup notifications.

Please help me in suggesting one popup notification client (Windows) for LinkedIn

Trillian allows you to select the polling frequency for some plugins (such as Twitter), so if you set it to a low value, it will be near-realtime (I think you can go as low as checking every minute). And it pops up notifications in the lower-right corner of the screen when something new appears during a polling cycle. I have new popups on-screen every couple of minutes using default settings for all of my accounts.

2. Jayaraj Perumalswamy

Hi, trillian only supports posting messages, it does not give realtime popup updates/ alerts. I am not a fan of browser extensions for this case and really need a desktop software for alerts and popup updates :). please help

http://www.yoono.com/desktop_features.html

Helped... :P Download is free

After you configure and connect all your social plugins, then instead of the browser, click the tab columns and configure the view you want to see and you are ready to go.

I used Google Chrome, where I did install an extension once, which did exactly that and was also light. I have uninstalled it long back, so forgot the name. As you are using firefox, I am sure, it should also have a similar extension. Extensions, should be light and non-intrusive. Just a suggestion, that you may try rather than insalling a full-fledged desktop software.

Have you looked at Trillian? It supports Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Yahoo, Google, MSN, ICQ, POP3 & IMAP email accounts, AIM, Jabber/XMPP, Skype, MySpaceIM, Foursquare, and more.