Is there a good alterantive to Connectify Pro to turn Windows 7 into a WiFi hotspot?
Question by Ashwin Ramesh /

I have a USB dongle with me. I want to turn my Windows 7 to a WiFi hotspot so that I can use internet on my mobile, too.

I have tried Mary-Fi and Virtual Router Manager. Both pop up with network error. Connectify needs a Pro account if I have to use my USB’s internet and setup a hotspot. Do you know any decent alternative to these?

• Jonas Eikeland

You can actually create a wifi hotspot from the Command prompt.
    Just follow these simple steps, and you should have it ready to run.

1. Open Command prompt as administrator.
    2.type in: netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow SSID=Test key=1234
    (You can name your SSID and key to whatever you want it to be)
    3. Type: netsh wlan start hostednetwork
    (To stop it type: netsh wlan stop hostednetwork)

• Nevzat Akkaya

I hada a similar wish and I’ve tried many of the alternatives too, unfortunately I still can’t do this properly. I hope something new comes out among these answers so I can share my PC’s internet with my phone too. My only solution was buying a Reverse USB Tether app on my Android. It partially solved mine.

• Aleksandra Huey

No need for any software, Windows 7 has integrated option to be used as WiFi hotspot, just share your USB internet :

• Adam Basha

I think most probably you are using Net Protector

• Adam Basha

I think its ur Antivirus program which is blocking. Uninstall antivirus and try if you can succeed. If you, then the problem is with antivirus. Which one do u use ?

• vikram

y uninstall Dear Sir ! just remove real time protection for 10 minuite of time,,,

and visit my site for more cracked software we also provide fast support for any software thanx

• @dam

Dear Vikram sir, that doesn’t help, especially if u are using Net Protector. It does not allow as I’ve tried that and later uninstalled it. Now I’m able to connect to Wifi on my mobile. Many answers say that antivirus is the main reason for blocking Wifi hotspot in google search too. Anyway thanks.

• Raghav Gupta

Why go for something like this when you do not really need it.
    You can do it without any software all from itself.

• Tech Nech

Follow these steps and you won’t need connectify or anyother softwares:

1. Go to network and sharing centre.
    2. click on setup a new connection.
    3. give the name and password and click on next.
    4. After its done setting up its self, just click on turn on internet sharing and thats it! Enoy!

But you need to make sure that your laptop’s or pc’s WIFI is turned on!

• Nikhil Chandak

Did u tried wifi hotspot creator
    or u can get some more alternatives to connectify here :

Hello, here are some options for you:

Virtual Router:

Tonido: (not hotspot by creates a cloud storage for your devices)