Is there a free Android app to capture screen as video?

BHARAT GUPTA January 25, 2013

I want a free Android app to be able to record a running app as video such as to have a demo video of an app.

1. Roshan

Hello bharat,
    could u please tell me how you solved that problem which you mentioned above??
    I am facing the same problem!

2. Jason Keith

you can also search for more android apps at http://androidvnd.com/

3. Aska Nag

Hi!
    Free version of the Screencast & Recorder allows you to capture video clips duration of only 30 seconds, but there is a paid version (2,99 $), which has no restrictions.
    Both versions of the programs require the Android OS 2.2 or higher, as well as the availability of root rights to their work.
    Best regards!

4. Jacques Knipe

I regularly use Android Screenshots and Screen Capture to show my Tech-Idiot friend what he wants to know. It's a decent application and I doubt you'll find anything better out there.

5. Gianna Marie Lanete

screenshot kastor soft from google play. :]

6. Tech geek

Android screen recorder is free app for record screen as video.

7. Achraf Almouloudi

Yes you could, you can check out the links by the other replies.

8. Sc Ling

Try this free app - Android Screenshots and Screen Capture

Description:
    Screen capturing tool for Android handsets connected via USB to a desktop/laptop. It is great for fullscreen presentations, product demos, automatic screen recording, or just a single screenshot. Without root.
    Download it at http://sourceforge.net/projects/ashot/

• Bharat

Thanks Ling... but it does not seem to be working on my windows 7 (32-bit version) PC. The problem being adb is not able to recognize my plugged in device. I enabled USB-Debugging, installed Sony PC-companion but still to no use. Although I can go through the files stored in my phone, surf the internet via enabling USB-tethering using the same usb port but still has not been able to recognize my device

Can you please help me in this regard?

• Bharat

Oh yes.... thanx Ling it did work for me. My own system had a problem. I could finally make it to work. Its really good

• Roshan

Hello,
      Could you please tell me how to start it, adb is not able to recognize my plugged in device although I enabled USB-Debugging..

Please help me!