Is the Contacts+ for Android privacy policy kosher?

Robert Garvin February 20, 2013

Hey everyone. I am looking for a way to better organize my contacts and their information. Recently I found an app called Contacts+, which looks pretty nice. They also have similar apps for texting, calling, and call logs.

The apps look great, and seem to have lots of cool features. And I understand that an app that is used to display your contacts needs permission to access your contacts. But I’m worried about what they do with the data that they access. I can’t find much information about the developers, and their privacy policy on their website is also kind of disturbing. maybe it’s the legal jargon.

Anyway. I was wondering what other people thought of this. Are the Contacts+ team and developers Gentoo Labs to be trusted? Does anyone else use these apps? Does anyone have any suggestions of alternates?

1. Nevzat Akkaya

I've been using Contacts+ app for quite a long time and I kinda trust them. Every contacts app needs those permissions. I would worry about other apps who insist on getting super permissions unnecessarily.

Gentoo Labs
    With over 1,000,000 downloads on Android, Contacts+ is the one of the worlds’ most advanced contacts application.

Gentoo Labs, Inc. develops contact management applications for mobile phones. The company was incorporated in 2012 and is based in Palo Alto, California.

if it is in play google the it should be okay, but this depends on how do you feel with the application.

Smartr Contacts

PixelPhone PRO

exDialer & Contacts

TouchPal Contacts

Some of the contact apps do have privacy issues like the one with TrueCaller app.It's upon the company what they can do with the data and it depends upon the mindset of the people who possess those data.So,with any highly reputed company nowadays accused of privacy breach,there's no one to left to trust anymore.

Some of the alternatives you can see is

Phonebook 2.0 -

GO Contacts EX -