Is my Otter Box case affecting iOS 7 Control Centre and how can I remove a folder?

Anonymous September 22, 2013

One: Since I updated to iOS 7 on my iPhone 4S although everything I read says how easy it is to access the control panel, mine will not come up no matter how we swipe it at the bottom of the screen. We have gotten it to come up twice in two days. Is there a special way to swipe it that I am not seeing? Could the Otter Box be the problem?

Two: Somehow the icon for the phone has ended up in a group called social and I can not get rid of it (the group, not the icon). I have no idea how it got there, so now I am afraid to let the kids play with the phone. I could eliminate icons or groups, move them around with the old sytem but i am totally confused with this new one.

Can anyone give me any pointers on either problem?

Helene,

Kindly mark your question as resolved so that other people can find this question and apply it for themselves.

2. Tim B

Your case is almost definitely affecting it, else you have a problem with your phone's digitiser (i.e. the touchscreen element). After looking at the Otterbox website to get an idea of what the cases are like, it appears some of them cover the home button, right up to the lower bezel of the screen.

To activate Control Centre, you need to swipe up from below the screen. I've tried and it sometimes works close to the edge of the screen, but it works 100% of the time for me when I swipe from just below the screen.

As for the folder – simply remove all items from it and it will delete. Folders behave in an identical manner to iOS 6, except now they have pagination which means they can contain as many apps as you like, spread across different pages.

Open the folder, tap and hold on the Phone icon till it starts to wiggle and then drag it out of the folder (anywhere to the top or bottom of the screen). When you drag the last item out of the folder, it will be automatically deleted.

• Helene C

Thank you, it was very helpful