Is it possible to resize a folder icon to appear bigger than the rest?
Question by Terafall /

I want to create a folder bigger than the rest in my desktop so it will become a place to dump everything I download or copy from a pendrive.Since it is bigger it will stand out and that makes it easier to find

• Aditya Roy

Changing icon as Alan suggested is the easiest option.

I dunno if you can resize a folder or not, but you can certainly colorize a folder differently to make it stand out than the rest by downloading a 3rd ppparty app. I guess the article was published sometime back in makeuseof. Just search clorize folder in makeuseof search ;)

• Dany Bouffard

Technically you could,just make a shortcut to your folder, than download an Icon that represent the Folder but in a bigger size.Then right click on the folder and change icon to the new bigger Folder icon and it should work.

• Naveen Kumar

no you cant do it for just one particular icon.If you want to make bigger icons just press and hold Ctrl key and scroll

• Nikhil Chandak

No
    u cannot re-size just one folder icon

perhaps if you pin the folder to taskbar and use it there, perhaps you can change the size?

just do what alan suggested cause rainmeter and other things will consume a lot of time and resources too :|

• Dimal Chandrasiri

windows doesn’t allow this feature. but ir you use a desktop customization tool like rainmeter or something you can achieve this!

• Rakesh Mishra

try it in fedora os

• Alan Wade

No, you cannot resize just one folder icon but you could change the icon for something a little more striking.
    Right click on the folder and select properties, then click on change icon and navigate to your selected icon.
    Once you have selected your icon and ‘OK’ed your way out then you may need to restart to see the change.

• Stephen Sanders

I have a similar yet different issue using a Macbook:

I know you can change the colors of the folders with a Mac, yet I would like to be able to find the stuff lets say, that I downloaded yesterday (and finder does not always seem to keep track of all the downloads, or files or folder that I open or use. I wonder is other Mac users have had this issue?

Also finder only lets you get specific about: Today, Yesterday or Past Week, I wonder is there a way to modify or some sort of hack so that I can see stuff from last month or three months ago? I keep a messy desktop and never downloaded Google Desktop for the Mac, (now its discontinued or not supported) so sometimes I have trouble locating saved text boxes or other items from the past.

Ideas? [ Sorry if this seems like thread crashing, I thought it was kind of related to keeping files easily retrievable on the computer desktop. Spotlight helps but it seems you have to remember the exact name etc.

• Douglas Mutay

Yes, this is the easiest thing regarding of the purpose he’s following.