Is it possible to record a web chat?

Bumferry June 4, 2013

is it possible to record a video chat using either google hangouts or skype?

I would like to record the conversations i have on on google/skype etc in order to share them online as part of my website.

The questions I would like answered are as follows:

Is it possible to record each end of the conversation (in order that on editing the result shows us both the same size)

Does this require any downloading or do skype/ Google hangouts have this option already (if so where!)

Is there any other “easier” way of recording two people having a chat over the internet.

1. ANKUR T
  2. Scott Kupferman

We use eCam Call Recorder along with Skype.

https://www.ecamm.com/mac/callrecorder/

3. Stefan Yas

I use Free Video Call Recorder for Skype - it has unlimited call recording with different modes (picture in picture, only one side of the call, only audio, etc.), high quality video and audio recording with pause function (useful - I actually make short films with this feature).
    As for the Skype logs, SkypeLogView reads the log files created by Skype application, and displays the details of incoming/outgoing calls, chat messages, and file transfers made by the specified Skype account. You can select one or more items from the logs list, and then copy them to the clipboard, or export them into text/html/csv/xml file.

4. 1hegame

Try a screen recorder. There are no. of softwares which can record your entire screen while the activity is going on. They then saves them as a video file.

For Skype, check out Evaer. It gives you a multitude of options and can handle recording up to 10-way conversations, doing autio only, local only, remote only, etc.

For Google Hangouts, check this brief article.

• Bumferry

Thanks Bruce. This looks like the best place for me to start. Well done that man. :)