Is it possible to hack a WEP protected WiFi Network with an Android?

Dimal Chandrasiri February 26, 2013

I recently bought an Xperia P and is fallen in love with it! One of my friends said that android is actually built using the linux kernel. I have a WEP protected WiFi at my home! a Prolink H5100N router. I got this idea on hacking my own network to prove how powerful android is! So is it possible to crack the PW using android! I went through tutorials which used backtrack to do this in linux version. but not androids. Can I do this or is it not possible!

1. DalSan Mack

Hack-a-droid has a wireless key cracker as well as other tools. I cannot attest to how well it works, though.

How To Crack WEP/WPA/WPA-2 Personal With Android Device (Reverse)

3. Sas

Just search up your router model and there are websites that tell you the default password.

• shane

Default passwords have nothing to do with the question

I haven't found any mobile apps that can actually crack wi-fi passwords, but OS and tools like backtrack, metasploit can crack these passwords. You can use stronger passwords and i would suggest you to use WPA instead of WEP.

5. Aaron Ashton

with root you can do things with droidsheep like redirect the websites through you and see what there doing but i think hacking wifi would be very hard and if it is possible that that would be an awesome thing to shove in to my apple friends face.