Is Connectify Dispatch any good?
Question by Rajaa Chowdhury /

How many of you have used the recently launched Connectify Dispatch, to utilize multiple Internet connections and increase the aggregate speed?

What is your feedback, it is effective and does what it claims or is it a hoax?

This is Alex from Connectify.

Yes, Connectify Dispatch really works. We combine multiple Internet connections together to get you extra speed and reliability.

Getting slightly technical, it is a “load balancer” which means that it puts each socket on the best current Internet connection where that socket then stays. Since most applications use multiple sockets, it works great most of the time. A typical web page uses a dozen sockets (The text, the ads, the images, the tracking javascript….) which get spread out and accelerated. Bittorrent often uses 50 sockets per download.

The two common scenarios that we don’t do a whole lot of good for are 1) VPNs (which purposely combine all your sockets together into one before we see it) and 2) Streaming a single video. Download the video from Bittorrent and we speed it up, but usually not if you’re streaming off a site like netflix or hulu.

I hope this helps.

Thanks a ton Alex. Oops, most of my work is related to viewing streaming videos, mostly YouTube. However, still the concept is stupendous and can still be a very useful product for me personally. Just a few suggestions to popularize the product more:

1. Have a trial download for testing before a user decides to purchase the product.
      2. Separate hotspot from connectify to make the license price cheaper.
      3. Third, if you guys can take the initiative to run an article on the product at the MakeUseOf forum to increase user awareness. Would be great if you can pitch-in with a giveaway of a license for lifetime for just one copy for user to win it at the MakeUseOf forum. :D

As no more inputs incoming, marking the question as resolved.

• Douglas Mutay

Good question Rajaa. I wanted to test it when it was first launched but found it a little bit expensive. $89 is far more than I can afford for it. And plus, they don’t sell the Dispatch itself without the Hotspot (PRO) version.
    But I am just surprised that until now there is no feedback from a single user.

Totally agree with you Douglas. Ideally they should have had the standalone Dispatch as a product @ around $40 to $50 for lifetime license and $20 to $25 for a 1 year subscription. I am awaiting for some user reviews, if it is really a stupendous product, I may still opt for it at this price and I am doing work related to huge amount of video viewing over the internet and any extra bandwidth congregation will help my work cause. :)

their politics might change in the near future.

“Politics” or did you mean “Policies”. :) At-least they can give a one month trial to evaluate the product before purchasing it.

hahahha yap you are quite right:)