Is buying an Alienware m17x R4 recommended?

Geethan Ambanpola January 27, 2013

I am going to get an Alienware laptop after my GCSEs this year. It is supposed to be in the range of 2000 to 2500 dollars.

So after loads of research I settled down with the Alienware m17x R4, which is 3D compatible and is in fact extremely powerful. Equipped with a GTX 680m GPU and with an i7 processor it will cost me a total of 2489 dollars. I know that this is not bad at all, but apparently I found out that the Razorblade 2012 was on only 10 dollars more (2499 dollars).

I also found a lot of people complaining that Alienware laptops aren’t durable whereas some say otherwise. Is this true? Please help since I don’t want to waste my money on nothing.

1. Aska Nag

In all technical characteristics of "Alienware" surpasses "Razer Blade". All of the feedback that I have read, there is no unequivocal assessment that "Alienware" bad or good. I think it is a subjective opinion, some people like and some do not. The money for such a bad computer will not sell, and low-quality goods is found everywhere and quite often. My advice, buy must "Alienware".
    Best regards!

2. prashanth singh rathore

ITs upto your wish......!!

If you are a heavy gamer then you can buy it.

4. Ahmed Musani

i'd recommend the razorblade.

perhaps they offer extendable warranty so that to to turn to them if something goes wrong with he laptop.

Which laptop do you you guys recommend the alienware m17x or the razorblade?

It's not true that Dell's Alienware are not durable.Every laptop do has some breaking point.If you have come to know this by reading user reviews,then you also have to think that they might be false too as many people posts fake reviews of a product to tarnish its image.

To judge a laptop in every aspects,you must first read the reviews from trustable sites like Engadget,TheVerge etc..

7. Switchblade Rebirth
  8. Switchblade Rebirth