Ipod Touch won’t Synchronize Photos

Steen Rydahl February 2, 2010

When I try to synchronize my iPod with my Mac I get an error message “something with 50” – and the various options of synchronizing photos are dimmed.

What should I do?

1. Confused0992

Do you think you can help me? I have an error message when my Ipod touch tries to sync my photos. It just tells me that there is not enough free space and there is actually a lot of free space for photos. I just was to add just under 20 photos and it won't let me.

Confused,

if the above answers don't help you, I suggest that you post your own question. This question here is over six months old and you are unlikely to receive any answers here.

Thanks, ænon1mus
    I followed your advice and rebuilt my photo library after having made a suitable backup. There is a good article about rebuilding here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2638. I installed the newest iTunes patch first, followed by a clean up of the Mac's admissions. I have a smart little program for cleaning up mess, Applejack, which I used too. And, voila! Problem solved. You put me on the right track - thanks.
    Steen

Here is the exact error message:
    The iPod "iPod Touch" cannot be synhronized. An unknown error (-50) occurred

• ænon1mus

Did some digging around and it seems that the problem lies within your photos. You may have some corrupted comments in some of the image files. To find out which, disable automatic syncing in iTunes then attach your iPod. Selectively sync over 1 photo album at a time; try to narrow down the culprit.

Some report that syncing slideshows cause this problem as well but I'm betting that since it's an error -50, some image files are corrupt.

Once you have isolated the files that cannot be synced over, copy them out of iPhoto, delete the version in iPhoto and re-import the copied photos (essentially rebuilding your iPhoto library).

See if that helps.

4. ænon1mus

Can you please try to obtain the full error message and post them here?

Here is the exact error message:
      The iPod "iPod Touch" cannot be synhronized. An unknown error occurred.