When will the iPod Touch 4th generation come out?

Lewis April 10, 2010

I really want an iPod Touch and have saved up for a 32gb 3rd gen but I’m not too sure if I should buy it now or wait ’till September in case they bring out a new one with a camera or built-in microphone or some other cool new feature.

I do want one now and don’t really want to wait, but if it would make mine an old model I would be wishing that I had waited. I wouldn’t really care much if a new one was just slightly faster or some small change, but if it had a built in mic I would want it.

So Should I Wait?

the 4th generation ipod touch is old, the 5th gen is coming ...

2. Yummycookiedough

Yes I got the 4th it's awsome

3. Carolgunter6oa

the ipod touch 4g is out guys. get and order yours today. or get one free at http://www.freeipodtouch4g.co.uk

4. Sourish

new ipod touch 4 is live now for pre order . for reviews visit http://www.ipodtouch4.org

5. Sourish

here it comes .

6. Mo

i think the ipodtouch 4gen will have retina display (like the iphone 4) atleast 3.2mp camera and a secondary cam for facetime and may be an a4 processer and hopefuly built in mic

And source is that realease date official

7. source

new itouch sept. 7th

8. bravo

At least on this new early adopter their won't be any antenna design flaws but who knows what else may turn up?

9. Jo

yeah i really want one now but i think if ur gonna spend that much money on it you may as well wait till september to get the better, updated version.

10. Joe

I am in the same situation Lauren but I would wait because it will probablly have the new camera, mic, gyroscope, and a new, more scratch resistant design. It should definately be worth the wait so I am going to wait for it. It should only take about 2 months until it comes out.

11. lauren

i really want one too my birthday's the 29th of august, ive got a ipod nano 5th generation but loads of my friends have got the touch and with the internet and all its really tempting to buy, im in the same situation as LEWIS really! the only thing is i dont know if i really care about haveing a camera in it! (n)

12. zwen

yah me too....but what about the price????

13. Jefery Dunim

I'm going to wait to buy it! It is going to be awesome!

14. Shaheer Jahan Tarar

Apple introduces new iPods (including iPod Touches) every September, which is almost five months away.

Mostly, Apple introduces small changes every generation, in appearance and/or functionality. The second generation iPod touch came with Bluetooth, a Built-in Speaker and a tapered chrome back, which the first gen did not have. the third generation however did not change much. Only the RAM, CPU and GPU internals were upgraded.

There It is really evident now that the fourth gen iPod will have a camera and built-in mic (suggested by the recently leaked 4th gen iPhone and this http://gizmodo.com/5523590/what-are-these-camera+fied-ipod-touch-prototypes-doing-on-ebay) plus the new iPod will ship with iPhone OS 4 which contains important features like multi-tasking and folders

I suggest, you wait the four or five months. It will be worth it!

15. Lewis

ugh im torn between getting it and not getting it =S
    maybe i could get it and then keep it in good condition and sell in sept?

and i do really want a iPod Touch i just sold my N95 to help fund it =)

• Taty

7ewis, selling it later can be a good option if you will be saving to add to it then, as the value will be much lower once another model comes out. You could be waiting for a very long time, for not much improvement. If you already sold something to get it, sounds like the wait could be frustrating.

• Lewis

Ok thanks Taty I think I will buy it tomorrow =)

And then maybe start saving up for the new one. If it's not much different and I don't want it I have some spare cash to spend on something else =)

16. Taty

Hey Lewis, the catch is this... with Apple products, the turn around is incredibly fast. Basically you are led to buy a new product every 6 months to be up to speed.
    You might want to look around, since there are other machines that have some of the features you are looking for already. The Zen creative for example has radio, great microphone and recording, wifi, external speakers among others, for half the price:
    http://us.store.creative.com/ZEN-XFi-with-Wireless-LAN-32GB/M/B001CB0RT0.htm

But if you are set on the touch, I'd wait a bit. Now that they are done with the iPad, they might come up with another model.

Have to agree with Taty.

No matter which electronic product you're looking at, if you buy one it will be outdated within a few months. So I think the best decision usually is to just buy what you need and buy an older product if you want to save money.

I also second Taty in regards to exploring other brands. Creative is awesome and it's the only brand I can recommend because it's what I decided for myself. :)

• Taty

Hey Tina.
      I also have a Creative :) And it was 3 years old before the Ipod even caught up with its stats. I am always shocked at to why it's not more popular...

Lewin,

MacRumors' Buyer's Guide recommends to wait, unless you absolutely want this product.

My recommendation would be the same, since you say you would regret buying it now in case it comes out with great new features.

If it doesn't come out with features you're interested in, you can still buy a 3rd generation iPod Touch then and save money to spend on other things because it may be a lot cheaper.