Why does my iPod not start?

Leban Kaiko May 10, 2011

my iPod won’t start. Only some words display on it: “www.apple.com/support/ipod” and it can’t start.

1. Saikat Basu

Here's the Apple support article for the problem - http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1383

I had a similar problem, but in my case there was no display. Apple Support guys said it was a goner. There's also an old CrunchGear article I had come across. But that also didn't help. In your case, I hope it does.

2. Gustavo Ibarguengoytia

If you have iTunes installed you could try connecting your iPod to your PC and run iTunes. From there you can restore your iPod, it will delete everything on it and restore it to factory defaults, this will most likely solve the problem.

As to why you are getting this problem, it is hard to say. What iPod model and generation are you using? Without that info it is hard to answer your question since I can't navigate the Support page you mention any further. Have you tried looking in there? Can you do a hard re-start (Pressing at the same time the Menu Button and the Center Button if you have an iPod with a click wheel)?