My iPod randomly plays music, how can I stop it?

jacob February 3, 2010

I bought an ipod touch recently and i have found that sometimes when i pick up the ipod the earphones are playing music when i never tried to.

There was no music playing when i put it on hold. What happened?

1. Daisy

That happens ro me when im at skool
    Itz kinda embarissing and funny how do we stop thiz

2. Steve Merd

I have the same problem with my 4g iPod touch. It wil do even when suffle Is of. It's emmbarasing when it dose it in the middle of class

3. Rjp13579

I have the same problem only mine turns on randomly when it is charging on its dock...

4. VxAnime

answere is right just go to settings and go to music it will say shake to shuffle and turn that to off

5. Yuval20

The remote on the apple earphones (square thing) can control this. If you puah it it plays, push again and it stops

6. kaikai

Maybe the ear-bud thing, but I don't have the new ones (and rarely use the old ones) and yet have the same problem. Mine will randomly start playing when docked on the speakers (freaking scary in the middle of the night, too). I'll try this settings fix...

Hey I've been having the same problem. It turns out that the new ear-buds that apple uses, with the control and mic near the top (although the darn thing is so darn useful) is that cause of the problem. My thought is that the wiring in the mic box component is bad and the itouch "thinks" the play button was pressed. The only way is to probably use different headphones/ear-buds. Heres where I found it: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2172417&tstart=0

8. answerer

go to the main menu then click settings then click shuffle and change it too none