My iPod is eternally locked, how can I unlock it?
Question by Frowny /

My baby brother got hold of my iPod Touch. After entering many hundreds of random passwords, the iPod has locked itself for 21,668,886 minutes, or around forty-one years! How do you even get that large of a wait time? Wouldn’t it have become impossible to enter passcodes long before? Obviously, after waiting that long, the iPod would be a pile of dust.

iTunes says that it cannot talk to it because it is locked with a passcode. I cannot go to Apple because it is jailbroken and half the parts have been replaced. So, is there any way to restore an iPod without iTunes or any access to the iPod itself?

• Saipreetam1440

there wont be any promblem just connect it to pc and when you see ipod on itunes just click the restore option it will download 777mb and it will restore you ipod touch

Frowny,

did any of the advice above work for you? Please let us know. Thank you!

Have you tried holding the power/sleep button and home button at the same time to perform a restart of the device? Usually the “timer” should be reset after that. 

The only other option I can think of is actually “hacking” the device. 
    Access it’s file system using something like iPhone Browser. 
    Navigate to “var/Keychains” and delete the “keychain-2.db” file (this will remove ALL stored passwords, WiFi, Email, etc…). 
    Then perform a restart of the device as mentioned above. 

• Denise

Hii mu ipod says ipod is disabled connect to itunes what the means

• Susendeep Dutta

You need to connect to iTunes to transfer all your data to and from computer.And if you are facing some software related problems in your iPod then follow Mike’s procedure.

iTunes –

http://www.apple.com/itunes/

• Jonathan

Your best option is probably taking it to a phone fixing shop (that’s not Apple)