Why is my iPhone’s battery percentage stuck at 76%?
Question by Christine /

My iPhone’s battery is stuck at 76%, what do I do? Please help!

• Appiah

I can’t get the percentage of my battery to show on the screen and the background light goes off immediately I try to call someone.

• Nabolahh

1. Reset your iPhone by holding down the sleep/wake button and the Home button simultaneously until your iPhone resets. Ignore any pop-up messages and keep holding down both buttons until the screen turns black and the Apple logo appears. Now it’s ready to learn new values for the capacity of its battery.
    2. Discharge your iPhone until it turns off automatically. The battery has reached a minimum level and the iPhone won’t turn on again. It shows you an emtpy battery icon and indicates to recharge. You don’t have to force a full discharge, you can just use it as usual until it turns itself off. To deplete your battery faster turn on 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS (Location Services) and turn up the brightness to max. 
    3. Fully charge your iPhone. That’s it, just charge it to the max and your iPhone has now learned the lowest and highest capacity levels of its battery.

• Skipper747

Turn the phone off and then back on, that fixed mine.

• Laura

Thank you very much Skipper, I just could not fathom waiting until this phone went completely dead to see if I could get rid of that darn irritating 4% that my I-Phone has been holding on to forever!!! You Da Man!

• Drewtindapitz

Mine is Currently stuck at 1% I’ll leave it charged over night and get back to you guys.

did you try Matt’s fix to reset the digital gauge of your battery?

• M.S. Smith

Almost all modern electronic devices have a digital gauge. 

What this means is that the battery life you see is actually an estimate that is based off past battery life, the rate of discharge, the amount of power being used, and etc. 

Sometimes, this digital gauge can screw up. The device will no longer know what the expected battery life is, so it might seem to freeze, or it might seem to discharge much slower or quicker than normal.

The typical fix for this is to let the battery drain until the device dies, then power it al the way back up. This should reset the gauge.