Can I use my iPhone’s 3G connection to get my laptop on the internet?
Question by Sean /

• Raul Reyes

How to connection myipod to mywifi cellphone

• iphonesupport

Check out App Trailers on your iPhone/iPod or iPad where you get instant Gift Card codes when you watch app trailers!

Just download App Trailers here http://bit.ly/ouocEH and then use my bonus code ‘smfazil’ for extra points when you signup.

• esmatullah

how i can connect my iphone 3g to laptop

• Mashlee666

3G Connection not hotspot.. read the question

No, you read the question. We gave quite explicit instructions on how to TURN A 3g CONNECTION *into* a wifi hotspot. Which is EXACTLY what the question asks. 

• breanna

NOOOOOOOO your all fuckin idiots

Yes, but I wouldn’t suggest you use the feature for anything other than emergencies. For one, your carrier may charge extra fees for so called “tethering” or personal hotspot use, above and separately to your regular data allowance. Even if not, you’d be surprised how much data your computer will chew through without you realising it – and with limited data plans, overage costs an arm and a leg. As in, you will be paying possibly something like $1 per MEGABYTE. 

The last provider I was with had a clause in the contract that capped overage fees at $2000/month. Not worth the risk, unless you have specifically unlimited data plan that specifically says you are allowed to tether it (and I dont know of any plans that say that). And yes, they can tell where the traffic comes from (your phone, or tethered device)

• Chris Hoffman

You can, if your carrier allows you to use the Personal Hotspot feature: 
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3574