Why is my iPhone stuck on the iTunes logo after unlocking with RedSnow?

dante October 29, 2011

I was checking out your video and you seem like you know what your talking about, so maybe you can help me, I hope.

I unlocked my iPhone 4 using RedSnow 0.9.8b4 and 4.3.4 firmware, even though on my phone I was running with 4.3.5. Everything went smooth and the pineapple came up, but for some reason when I put a SIM card in, it still wasn’t recognizing the SIM.

That’s not the main problem now. My phone died and when I charged it back up, all I get is the iTunes logo and cord. I tried to just tether now I tried to restore in iTunes. Nothing has worked.

Please help me if you can. I would really appreciate it. I’ve tried to do recovery mode and DFU, they both didn’t work.

1. kham

my iphone 3g struck on itune page, how do i fix it

2. dalios

hi I just jailbreak my phone 4 4.3.4 but when the battery is low and turn off when i opened the apple logo stuck and i must booth thethered from redsnow for iphone to work again if i dont do that it won't open i want to know why i should reboot it every times my battery goes empty and switch off and when i open its stuck on apple thanks for help

• Susendeep Dutta

1.Connect your iphone to PC/Mac.
      2.Switch off iphone by pressing both home and power button till it gets switched off.
      3.Now switch on your iphone by pressing both home and power button.Keep on holding both the buttons till apple logo appears.
      4.Now keep holding only home button.
      5.Wait for itunes to recognize your phone and allow it to “upgrade and restore”.
      Your iphone must be restored.

3. aziz

my iphone 3g stuck on itune mode...can u plzz help me thnx 

4. Susendeep Dutta

You can try this method -

1.Switch off your phone a number of times.
    2.Hold the power an home button together for 25 seconds.
    3.Release both the buttons,then flashing will happen again.
    4.Connect your iphone to your computer and hold home and power button for 30 seconds.
    5.use itunes to restore your iphone.

Now jailbreak your iphone and everything will work.

• Dante_wa_boy

i tried that and the error i got was " the iPhone could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build" any other suggestions??

• Susendeep Dutta

Then try this method -

1.Connect your iphone to PC/Mac.
        4.Now keep holding only home button.
        5.Wait for itunes to recognize your phone and allow it to "upgrade and restore".

Your iphone must be restored.

• Dante_wa_boy

when i try to do that i get the error the phone could not be restored (21)

• Susendeep Dutta

Now I think that Jailbreak didn't worked correctly for you.

Did you follow the steps as mentioned below -

Note - Update your iphone to ios 4.3.5 firmware,and backing up via itunes.Then during jailbreak using RedSn0w 0.9.8b4,pointing it towards iOS 4.3.4 firmware (not the iOS 4.3.5 firmware).

1.Download RedSn0w 0.9.8b4 and launch it by clicking the executable file (for Windows) or by clicking the application (for Mac OS X).

2.Once RedSn0w is up and running,  browse for the iOS 4.3.4 firmware (NOT iOS 4.3.5).When selected it displays - Processing firmware” then “IPSW successfully identified”.

3.Click the next button to continue while jailbroken data is being prepared.

4.In next step only tick up cydia box and leave other options unticked and then click next.

5.Put up iphone in DFU mode ,switch it off and plug it into PC before clicking next.

6.After entering into DFU mode,RedSnOw had sucessfully jailbroken.

7.After your iphone reboots repeat the above steps except that in step 4, only select "just boot tethered right now".This will be tethered on iOS 4.3.5 firmware.Cydia app must be present on your phone.

If you were stuck into pineapple logo then you you didn't enter DFU mode correctly.

Did you corrected this by connecting it to PC/Mac,switching off iphone and holding power and home button and only release the power button till itunes detect it?

You can also try this method -

1.Enter DFU mode and hold down power button for 3 seconds.Now also hold power and home button for 10 seconds till the countdown doesn't disappears.You will get Cydia icon and rerun RedSnOw to perform "Just boot tethered right now". step as mentioned above.

For the problem - " the iPhone could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build" try this -

Click Finder.At the top menu, click Go.Select “Go To Folder” from the submenu.Type “/private“.Open the folder “etc” and locate the “hosts” file.Copy it to your desktop > right click > show info > make sure you have the rights to read and edit it.Open it in text editor.Search “74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com” (somewhere at the bottom normally)Add a “#” and a space before it and save the file.Copy it back into the “etc” folder and replace the old “hosts” file.Restart iTunes and it should be fixed!
          So if you do not see the hash and space before the “74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com” part, all you have to do is put the #, and then press tab.

If it’s not working try removing the # in front of 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com.