How can I get my iPhone out of recovery mode?
Question by melvin buckley /

My iPhone has a white screen. When pressing home and sleep button the phone goes into recovery mode and has to re restored, but still comes back with white screen. Every time I try to reboot, it just goes back into recovery mode.

Can anybody please help? Many thanks!

• Nicole

My iphone 4 is stuck in the itunes mode…it says i need to recover it but everytime i try it says a error occurs idk how to get it out of this mode i have tried a different cord and that still didnt work i just of my iphone and it said i needed to update it so i did and thats how it got into this mode what can i do to get it out of this mode?!? Please help is you can!!

• Wazzupus

you can sell it to me….
    wazzupus@gmail.com

Other then trying to restore in Recovery mode (iTunes logo) and DFU mode (black screen) I also recommend re-downloading the iOS Firmware.

Delete the iOS firmware from the following location
    Windows XP:
    C:Documents and SettingsyournameApplication DataApple ComputeriTunesiPhone Software Updates
    Windows Vista/7:
    C:UsersyournameAppDataRoamingApple ComputeriTunesiPhone Software Updates
    Mac:
    ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates

If you try to restore your device now the iOS firmware should be downloaded again.

1) Disconnect your iPhone and turn it off by holding the “Sleep/Wake” button for about five seconds and then sliding the red slider.
    2) press and hold the “Home” button and plug your iPhone into PC with iTunes installed. Keep holding the “Home” button until you see a dock cable pointing to the iTunes icon. If you have older iPhone  will display a yellow triangle and text which says “Please Connect to iTunes”. Once you see this image, you can release the Home button.
    3)Open iTunes and you will get the message “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.” Click “OK” and you will be taken to the iPhone pane. Click “Restore”

or restore using DFU (Direct Firmware Upgrade) mode
    1)plug in your iPhone and turn it off. Hold down the “Home” and “Sleep/Wake” buttons for about 15 seconds.
    2)You will see for short time the silver Apple logo and then your phone will appear to turn back off.
    3)Release the “Sleep/Wake” button and continue to hold the “Home” button until you see a message in iTunes stating detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
    4)Choose “Restore” and hope will fix the problem.

• Paola A Toro

Thank you very much for your help, I did follow your directions and this really help!! thank you… thank you =D

• moe Trina

It still didnt help. i keep getting the 1015 error code. do u know any other solutions?? Its high appreciated. Thanks