Are there any iPhone apps usable on my Windows laptop?
Question by Lynda /

I don’t have an iPhone. Are there apps for phones that can also be utilized on a laptop?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , ; or ask your own question.

• Declan Lopez

I don’t think there are any apps for the iPhone that will work on a PC, but you could probably find a few alternatives to the apps you want.

• Indronil Mondal

the only way you can do that is with the emulator they bundle with the SDK
    just go for alternative apps there are plenty available i think

• Ljubent

You can install Virtual Box on a PC and then run many Operating systems on it. I am not sure about iOS , but I know that you can install  Android on a Virtual Box n a PC. I haven’t done it my self, not yet, but I will soon…

Hello, those are two different things.  Most times if an app is succesfull, it gets converted to several devices.   For example, that game angry birds, started in mobile and now you can practically play it in almost any device.  If you are looking for alternative software places, try the following:

http://alternativeto.net/

Not sure how to answer that correctly…

iPhone Apps are developed for iOS devices and therefor won’t work on a computer (not even Mac OS X).

Unless the app is available for a regular Windows PC, no.