Is there an iPhone app that displays forwarded calls?

Ann October 12, 2011

I am looking for an app that shows when a call is a forwarded call. I own a small business and would like to transfer my business calls to my iPhone. I answer the business calls differently than I do a personal call. I just need it show that it is forwarded from the business phone. Any ideas?

1. OD

Despite the lack of user interface on iPhone to activate conditional forwarding, you can use the so-called “Call Forwarding Code” to activate it. Here are the tricks:

Activate Call Forwarding

To setup “Call forward if busy”, simply dial *67*[another phone number]# and tap “Call”

To setup “Call forward if not answered”, simply dial *61*[another phone number]# and tap “Call”

To setup “Call forward if unreachable”, simply dial *62*[another phone number]# and tap “Call”

Deactivate Call Forwarding
    To deactivate “Call forward if busy”, simply dial #67# and tap “Call”

To deactivate “Call forward if not answered”, simply dial #61# and tap “Call”

To deactivate “Call forward if not reachable”, simply dial #62# and tap “Call”

You do not need to remember all these codes. Say, you usually use “Call Forward if busy”, save the number as a new contact. Next time, when you need to activate call forwarding, just look up that contact and dial the number.

I'm not sure about a mobile business solution or mobile devices integrated into a dedicated telephone solution but in general I would say that it's not possible because of the way how traditional call forwarding works.

When you forward a call it is treated like a regular outgoing call by the infrastructure.  You could see it like that "caller > land line, land line > mobile" then there is a signal send to the switchboard which basically takes the land line out of the connection.

I suggest to contact either your telephone service provider or the technical support of your telephone solution for a definite answer because even if an App exists it has to be supported by the network itself.

• Ann

Thanks, It's mobile to mobile.  I check with my provider.
      Ann

• Eivind Berggreen

I have exactly the same "problem" as you - I want to know if a call is forwarded from my business phone to my iPhone - or if it is a directly private call. On my old Nokia - I can se a "forward arrow" - but on the iPhone - its impossible to see the difference. Tell me if you or anyone else has an answer!