Is there an iPhone app that blocks text messages?

Biggpat13 May 13, 2014

I’m looking for an iPhone app to block text messages and also that will send them a text letting them know they have been blocked everytime they text me. Android has one called dead2me but I have an iphone

1. Tim B

No, there is no app that can do this. Due to the way permissions work on iOS, it is not possible for third party (non system apps) to parse incoming text messages.

What this means is no other apps can actually read your text messages, which is a security feature. You'll have to stick with blocking the person and leaving it at that (though if the messages are being blocked, that's probably good enough).

Remember – if they are automated messages, no one will read any replies anyway. And if they're marketing/spam, they're almost definitely automated.

Ok thanks for your time and your help!!!

2. Rajaa C

If you have iOS7, you can do it in the phone itself. Refer to http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5845

But on the phone itself doesn't let u place an auto reply message