Why are things I do on my iPhone 4S replicated on my son’s iPod and vise versa?

Aimee Lebied-Schorer May 1, 2012

I have an iPhone 4S, my son the iPod touch. When I do things on my phone, it goes to his iPod and vise versa. I can’t figure out how to unlink my son’s iPod and my iPhone. If I enter contacts, they go to his iPod as well, and if he deletes it, it deletes from my phone as well!! Help!

1. Eleesa

If you both share one iTunes account it could be that it syncs to both phones.. try using two different iTunes accounts.

2. Tony

Me and my nephew both have iPhone 4s and separate accounts and my stuff goes on his and Vice versa so how do I stop this

• Susendeep Dutta

Firstly,backup both of the phone's data to PC/Mac and reset both of the phones and try syncing data from iCloud to their respective accounts.

Well, there must be one point in common.
      If you are using different iCloud/Apple ID's AND seperated user accounts on one computer or use different PCs maybe you are using or syncing contacts by other means e.g. via Google or from one machine to the other using a tool like SyncMate

3. muotechguy

Two possible reasons:

1. As other commenters have alluded to, you've set up the same iCloud user account on both devices. Have him set up his own, unique (and free) iCloud account.

2. You haven't set up iCloud, but you're syncing them with iTunes under the same username on the same machine. Have him use his own computer, or set up a separate user account.

Create separate iCloud accounts for the devices.

5. Nate

Turn iCloud sharing off on his iPod and make him backup through iTunes.