How can I get my iPhone 3GS out of DFU mode?
Question by umair /

I installed 4.3 in my 3GS by cooking it with snowbreeze

I installed it by taking it in DFU mode. After the completion of installing by iTunes, it doesn’t restart. I use ibooty to boot it and it’s started well. However, when I restart it again, same thing happens, just started with ibooty, but this time it doesn’t start and stuck there now.

I’m not able to get out of DFU mode. I tried again and again with different tools, but nothing happens iTunes says that an iPhone found in recovery mode, but iTunes also fails to restore it

What do I have to do? If I open it from market and re-insert the battery, then will I get it out or not?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , , , .
Computer Hardware Talk
Computer Hardware Talk
Awesome iPhone Apps
Awesome iPhone Apps
Essential iOS Tips
Essential iOS Tips
Jailbreaking iOS
Jailbreaking iOS
Apple TV Tips
Apple TV Tips
iPhone Games Worth Playing
iPhone Games Worth Playing

• Yousufmunir

I had same problem...but i restored to 4.3.5 via itunes...then i was able to use it...

Umair,

did James' suggestion work for you? Please let us know in case you need more help!

Hi umair. I would try deleting the iOS upgrade download cache from your itunes install, though I cant find a link to help you out there - on mac its in the user/library folder somewhere, and may contain a corrupted image. 

Second, edit your hosts file to remove any entries that jailbreaking has added, as these prevent itunes from verifying the restore with apple. 

Once you've done that, just allow itunes to restore the image as normal and everythign should go smoothly.