Why can my iPhone 3GS not detect my SIM card after updating to iOS 5?
Question by George Wong ten ling /

My iPhone 3GS cant detect my SIM card after updating to iOS 5, is there a solution?

• Moses Mensah

How can i activate my iphone3gs after reset

• B

Let me guess your iphone was unlocked before you upgraded (and or restored) iphones loose there unlock codes when you do either of these. Se either dont ever upgrade or restore and or upgrade to a version you wish to use and unlock the phone again. best of luck

• Cameron Hoyt

I tried to update my iphone 3gs and now it will not turn back on. I think it did a recovery on it. any suggestion on how to get my phone back???

• vivek shende

i replced sim d but still same problem

• vivek shende

my 4g iphone shows no sim card

• prakash hede

i have updated my iphone 3gs to 5.1ver new itunes update. the itunes cannot restore the iphone configuration after update, the message in itunes is”there is no SIM card installed in the iphone you are attempting to activate

• navneet

i updated my iphone 3gs widout sim.. n now it is not working… error says that the sim is not supported by the carrier..
    what shud i do?
    it was nt factory unlocked

• Susendeep Dutta

Try inserting the SIM card into phone and backup your phone.Update it and see whether SIM is recognized or not.

Have you tried taking the SIM card out and putting it back in?
    Try putting another SIM card in it (doesn’t matter if it’s unlocked or not). If it isn’t detected either I’m afraid it may be a problem with the internal SIM connector or detection of the logic board.

• Gadget king

Okay I’ve read so much here’s the easiest solution it takes a second. Okay mostly find most phones where originally at &t or tmobile in uk and it has mostly happened on the jailbroke or unlocked 3GS after the updates , even if jailbroke this will work , if you factory reset your iPhone and now it won’t recognise sim all you have to do is ask a freind to let you use there tmobile or AT&T sim it must be a contract then hold down the home button and power button letting it reboot connect by USB to iTunes and it will find phone it will say users iPhone instead of your old name for your iPhone once synced about 5 minutes take out the contract sim and put your old one back in then restore from backup Hope it helps it works everytime

try replacing the sim card and see if this can solve the problem.

Fix “No SIM Card Installed” Error on iPhone 4S by Installing iOS 5.0.1 Build 9A406

Jailbroken 3GS upgraded to IOS 5, now no service / no SIM