Why does my iPhone 3GS battery drain out faster when data is on?

saumil January 10, 2011

My iPhone 3GS battery drains out much faster when I ‘ON’ Cellular Data.

How to rectify it?

-saumil

1. Batterie externe iPhone

Don't leave your power-tool chargers switched on once the tool or battery is charged. Even if you remove the tool or battery, the charger will keep charging ...

Tina is correct.

Also, it's a implication that applies to pretty much all phones and devices.

from the manufacturing/technical point:
    Devices use different IC chips for each connectivity type (3G, EDGE/GPRS, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS). They more connectivity modes are enabled, they more chips are active, drain power and consume your battery.

Apple has some general guideline how to save battery
    http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html

Saumil,

when your data connection is on, your phone constantly tries to connect to the internet. An internet connection and data transfer requires power and that's why your battery drains out.

Make sure you don't have any apps runnings that automatically connect to the internet or close your mobile browser. That should save some battery power.

However, I don't have an iPhone, so I cannot give you any real practical tips. Those are just my common sense assumptions. There might be other reasons for the battery drain and ways to preserve the battery.