Why does my iPhone 3 not recognize the SIM card and how can I activate it?

Heidi Urquiza October 3, 2012

This is a question about resetting my iPhone 3. It was originally bought from Telus. I then moved to SK and had it jailbroken to Sasktel. My roommate needed a phone, so I sold her my phone and we reset it, assuming the software from me jailbreaking it would disappear.

We have reset it to factory settings and now with my roommate’s SIM card from Telus (which is activated), but iTunes just says it does not recognize SIM card.

1. khekkhemara

good

2. Nhung Nguyen

my iphone 3gs was reset. it cannot recognize sim card now.

3. HLJonnalagadda

Also try whited00r for unlocking. Awesome utility.

4. Ahmed Khalil

it is strange problem but it is looks like your mobile is locked with a dedecated network provider. try to check it in your old place (Telus) is you can

• Aditya Roy

place???

• HLJonnalagadda

Telus is an Internet service that is based out of Canada.

5. Freecycle Me

I fear you may have answered your own question. It may be in the jailbreaking that caused the error. Also I think some phones were locked to to certain telco companies, was the sim the original one? and was the sim used when phone was jailbroken?