Why does my iPad shows me a plug with an arrow pointing to an iTunes symbol when I power it up and what to do?
Question by WILLIE JACKSON /

When we power the iPad up, it won’t let us go to a home screen with icons, it just stays on the screen with the plug that has an arrow pointing to the iTunes symbol. When I try to connect the two, meaning the plug and the iTunes symbol, it does nothing.

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , .
Awesome iPhone Apps
Awesome iPhone Apps
Smartphone Photography
Smartphone Photography
Essential iOS Tips
Essential iOS Tips
Jailbreaking iOS
Jailbreaking iOS
Apple TV Tips
Apple TV Tips
iPhone Games Worth Playing
iPhone Games Worth Playing

• Jonas Nordgren

if it loops, they call it a death loop but keep trying i eventually fixed mine.

• rob

Your IPad needs to be sync’d with itunes so sounds like this is a brand new device or one that was restored to factory settings

• Truefire_

If you’ve used it before, the storage media may have died. Take it to an Apple Store for repair. Otherwise, follow Daniel’s advice.

• Daniel Pettinger

Is it new or have you used it before?

It typically means that you need to open up iTunes on your PC, then connect the iPad to the PC via the USB cable. iTunes should then detect the iPad, and start the setup procedure (or restore settings if it’s a software fault).

You may need to turn it off (hold the home (square button) and lock button until it shuts off), plug it in, then turn it on again (hold home down til it starts up).