Can an Internet-only game be played over LAN using Hamachi?

Akshay Ganesh March 20, 2012

I want to play League of Legends over a LAN with my friends. I heard there is a program called Hamachi that can do this. Can anyone help me figure out if it is possible?

1. Chris Bell

Well all you need is a server, that the program is installed on, and then the other PC's hook up as "Peers". A network is a network is a network as it were, All the net is, is a series of "Servers" that, "Client" PC connect up to... 

As for that program  it's described as a shareware virtual private network (VPN) application, as such, i doubt it would be of any use?  You just need to set up a server, install the software, use a router or a switch, set all the addressing right, and then connect up to that   server, as clients.. effectively you own little WWW, in your own home...

• Akshay

thanks,but could u give me a more detailed procedure as to making the servers and stuff?