Why did the internet become slower after I installed iStat menus?

Suffian August 8, 2011

The internet connection becomes slower after I installed iStat menus on my Mac and I decided to uninstall the app but iStat menus’s menus still appear at the menubar.

see  what processes have an established internet connection.

it is possible a Dashboard widget could be the problem

Go to YourUserFolder/Library/Caches/DashboardClient. You’ll find a cryptic set of folders with no names, just numbers. Delete everything inside the “DashboardClient” folder.In order to complete the process, you need to restart the Dock (it controls Dashboard). You can do this in two ways:Type killall Dock in the Terminal. This will quit and restart the Dock.

http://www.onedigitallife.com/2007/02/12/speed-up-dashboard-by-clearing-its-cache/     

[ Reply to This | #

I'm not aware of any (side) effect iStat menu might have on internet connectivity or speed. I can only think of either something else is slowing your internet down coincidentally or your entire system being slowed down duo to some problem with iStat menu.

As for removing one of the following always works:

(1) Try the uninstaller within the System Preferences

(2) rightclick > show Package contents on the installer, navigate to "Contents/Resources", double click iStat menu Uninstaller

(3) Go to "Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support" and run the Uninstaller

(4) download the latest version and install it, run the App and in the menubar select "iStat Menus > Uninstall..."