Why can Internet Explorer not display page?

Gary Bjornberg May 7, 2010

I keep getting “Internet Explorer cannot display page” error. I did various scans & reset my internet settings. What else can I do?

Have you paid your ISP
    Do you have an active internet connection?
    Can you access other sites?
    Does your internet work on other computers?
    Is your router configured properly?
    Is your computer setup properly - ie correct proxy settings?
    Have you tried Firefox or Chrome?

Gary, did you manage to fix the issue? Let us know.

3. Guest

1: Make sure you are actually connected to the Internet! (Check if Ethernet cord is plugged in, or if you are on wireless check to see if you are connected to your access point)

2: Try Firefox (getfirefox.com) and see if FF has the same problem. If not, then you have a IE problem and not a connection problem.

4. Saikat Basu

There can be a lot of reasons for it.

1) First check if the web is displaying properly in some other browser. If that's the case, it means the problem could be IE specific and there's no problem with your modem or router.

2) Delete your browsing history and then attempt to browse.

3) You can disable your Firewall for an instant (just an instant) and see if you are getting through to the web.

4) Next comes the Network Diagnostic tool. That explanation is quite detailed. So, I will direct you to Microsoft Support where that and a lot of other options are covered in detail.