Internet Explorer 8 won’t load pages into new tab.

Sandi K February 3, 2010

I am using Windows 7 with IE8.
When I click on a link, a new tab opens but the page never loads. I have to copy the the shortcut and then paste it into the new tab address bar to get the link to open. Any suggestions?
McAfee Security Center 9.15 came preloaded with my Dell Studio. I have tried all kinds of tweaks but can’t seem to find a fix for this irritating problem.

1. Belladonna333

Loumalone's solution worked for me. Thank you.

Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for the feedback!

2. Lukus89

Hey tina, thank you so much for being the most unhelpful fkwit we've ever seen! Your answers are about as attractive as your face you fat fucking moron.

3. Twilliamz

Anyone find a solution to this problem, I am having the exact same 1, and my hotmail is always still logged in when 1st starting up IE (I haven't saved password etc), have tried clearing cookies etc, at the moment am trying to reset the entire IE but aparently still have programmes open that needs IE (i've looked, couldn't find anything)

please help

Twilliamz,

if the solution posted by Loumalone above doesn't solve your issue, I suggest that you post a new question. Otherwise, just switch your browser!

4. bob

I have the same problem. If I open in a new window, it loads fine. If i open in a new tab, it never loads. I don't know why this is.

Bob,

since this question could not be solved previously, I would recommend you to post it as a new question. This will increase your chances of new people seeing it who may have a solution for you.

• Loumalone

While looking for an answer to the same or similar problem i came across this. My tabs open perfectly now and the IE is so much faster.
        Goto Tools - Manage addons. Then disable each add on one at a time to find which one is causing the problem.
        Luckily my problem add on (a toolbar) was the first in the list,

Thank you for the update, it's very much appreciated!

• Daffyduck

Thanks, worked for me too!

• Geromegalido

It worked thanks

• Janna Weldele

thanks so much it worked, you are my Hero for the day!

5. Mats

Same problem here.

6. Ben

Please, Just get firefox.

Hi Sandi, do you have installed an extension of IE8 called Cooliris installed?

• Guest

No, I don't have that add-on. Should I? What does it do?

8. anita

im not sure,but i think you should change the setting,there is some thing about it!

9. Skull

Have you tried right clicking the link and selecting "Open in New Tab". OR under IE8 Tools option, select internet options and find the the tab called general. On that tab is a section called TABS with a button to the right called "settings", I suggest that the top section "Enable tabbed browsing" you tick all the options. Good luck.

• Guest

Yes, I have checked all that to no avail. I am stumped!

Hi Sandi,
    I'm sorry I can't help you with Internet Explorer, maybe someone else can.
    If you can't find a solution for your problem, however, why not try another browser, for example Firefox, Opera, Flock or Chrome. IE is not worth the hassle.

• Guest

I also use Firefox and Chrome but I have some toolbars that only work well in IE so would like to have the ability to use it without all this cut and paste hassle.